top of page

IRCC introduced new updates regarding the study permit applications

On January 17, 2023, the Government of Canada announced that Provincial or Territorial government-run settlement and integration courses are not classified as studies, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. To further simplify the process, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has included these courses offered by provincial or territorial governments through settlement and integration providers, including francization courses provided by the Government of Quebec, to their list of studies that do not require students to apply for a study permit.


bottom of page